Applications are Closed
The following characteristics did not influence your application:
An applicant’s name, age, gender, education level, and venture legal status were not visible to application readers. These characteristics had no influence on your selection.
Common reasons why applications were not accepted into the interview round:
- The applicant, their venture, or their team did not meet one or more of the eligibility requirements.
- A social or environmental need was not clearly identified in the application. If it was, the applicant didn’t explain clearly why this need was urgent and important to address.
- The applicant did not have any direct interaction or first-hand experience with the target market / customer base.
- The proposed solution did not address the root cause of the need described by the applicant.
- The applicant did not clearly define his / her customers.
- The applicant did not provide evidence or a logical argument for why his / her proposed solution would actually meet the needs of his / her customers.
- The applicant did not clearly explain the tangible outcomes and key metrics of his / her proposed solution.
- The applicant did not have relevant entrepreneurial / leadership experience.
- The applicant’s team did not have the concrete skills required to launch the venture (e.g. a web-based social venture did not have a web developer).
- The applicant did not have full-time teammates and did not have a compelling plan for acquiring them.
- The proposed solution was charity-based or lacked a concrete plan for financial sustainability.
- The proposed solution was not scalable.