Corporate, Government, and Large International Partners
Our goal is to have an open door with the right people* at corporations, governments, and international organizations so that together we can seize any opportunities to help entrepreneurs! That’s it. The examples below provide specific and concrete ways in which this has worked in the past. Our goal is to make more of these happen.
* “Right people” are key decision makers who are entrepreneurial, driven to make massive impact, obsessed with creating win-win scenarios.
Ways Large Organizations Have Plugged In to the Unreasonable Ecosystem:
- Sponsored an Institute, such as the The Girl Effect Accelerator powered by Nike
- Partnered directly with our ventures
- Provided pro-bono consulting help to our ventures
- Provided in-kind services or products
- Join us as learning partners at the Institute (because innovation is contagious)
- Designed their customized engagement program themselves
Successful Examples So Far:
What We Offer These Partners:
- Global reach & exposure:
- Target markets of a) 20-45 year olds who want to use business to change the world, as well as b) 100′s of CEOs, VCs, corporate leaders, entrepreneurs who want to help them (i.e. former CTO of HP, Managing Partner of VC Firm the Foundry Group, Founder of a $500m impact investment fund)
- Write-ups in New York Times, Forbes, the Wall Street Journal, Inc Magazine (we were named one of the 30 under 30 coolest entrepreneurs), Entrepreneur Magazine, Fast Company, the Huffington Post, and Business Week
- 30,000 Followers on Twitter, 20,000 on Facebook (nearly 3000 daily impressions), a 15,000 person newsletter
- Yearly in-person events for 1,000 people
- Nearly 100 videos of entrepreneurs and interviews of mentors seen around the world (one 20 part series was syndicated on Fast Company)
- We have personal relationships with 550 (and growing) angels, foundation leaders, family office leaders, investors
- A team that has given 100+ presentations given at the biggest conferences and gatherings in the space (Harvard Social Enterprise Conference, SoCap, Social Venture Network, LOHAS, Latin American Impact Investing Forum, Colorado Though Leaders Forum, multiple TEDx events, etc.)
- We have launched two new Institutes (one in Mexico, one in East Africa) and are working towards launching two more in 2015 that will do things similar to what’s above in their markets!
- Business development. The opportunity to invest, acquire, or go to market with these innovative companies.
- The chance to work with the world’s best entrepreneurs. You and your employees will have exclusive access to a group of thrice-vetted ventures from all around the world in every major sector. They’ll get to interact with the startup environment and take energy from the game-changing ideas these entrepreneurs have.
- Many Ways to Plug In. The needs of our entrepreneurs and ventures are vast. So weather you want to help employees volunteer their time to build a new brand strategy for a US Unreasonable venture, or you think your service can help an Unreasonable Venture in Uganda with distribution, the needs are vast.
- Unreasonable Customization and a Lead Contact. Given the diversity of our entrepreneurs, a cookie cutter program for corporations and international organizations will not work. We have a dedicated teammate that will with both you and with our entrepreneurs to understand each parties needs, wants and desires, and they will only connect you if build something that there is a strong potential for a win-win.
- Our commitment to not force it. Forcing relationships and partnerships that don’t make a lot of sense don’t last. It’s not worth your time, our, or the entrepreneurs’ time. If something looks good lets go for it, if not lets wait until something non-forced comes up.
- VIP Status at everything we do. From investor events, to large scale community events, to engagement with entrepreneurs and our network – you are now a VIP.
- A network of support for the project. Our network to support those yu support. Our job is to support these ventures, so rest assured that we will continue to do that by connecting them to an ever-growing network of 100+ mentors, 200+ funders, and thousands of supporters world-wide.
- Anything else. Hey, we are open to other ideas. Unreasonable ones are preferred.
What We Ask:
All we ask is that the right people come to the table to share a conversation with us, to have a relationship with us. More specifically, we are looking to have a relationship with one to three main contacts that we know well at your organization – a person or people that over time knows us and any relevant entrepreneurs with the hope of creating something valuable for all parties involved, and more importantly, the world. This is someone that when a potential opportunity arises with an Unreasonable Venture they are excited to take a call and explore the opportunity to make something happen. Usually this is someone in innovation, special projects, business development, or new markets.
After that, all we need is an email and a promise of an open communication line!
The opportunities are endless. So are the needs. But the next step is simple. Please contact leigh [at] unreasonableinstitute.org and lets share a conversation.