Corporate, Government, and Large International Partners
For the Unreasonable Ventures to have a chance to make a dent in the problems our world faces, we know they need to help the Unreasonable Entrepreneurs engage with those who already have global impact: corporations, governments and international organizations. Without engaging with these players our entrepreneurs are missing opportunities with the most important stakeholders in the world.
Our goal is in not to raise money from these organizations. Our ultimate goal is to have an open door with the right people* at corporations, governments, and international organizations so that if a win-win opportunity arises in which massive value can be created for everyone, we have a relationship a person that can discuss the possibility of making something tangible happen! That’s it. The examples below provide specific and concrete ways in which this has worked in the past. Our goal is to make more of these happen.
* “Right people” are key decision makers who are entrepreneurial, driven to make massive impact, obsessed with creating win-win scenarios.
Ways Large Organizations Have Plugged In:
- Partner directly with our ventures
- Provided pro-bono consulting help to our ventures
- Sponsored the Institute / as a destination for CSR
- Join us as learning partners and attending the Institute (because innovation is contagious)
- Designed their customized engagement program themselves
Successful Examples So Far:
What We Offer These Partners:
- Top, Vetted Entrepreneurs. Exclusive access to a group of 84 thrice-vetted ventures working across 36 countries in every major sector. We know these entrepreneurs deeply, have spend 6 weeks with them, and know there needs. The only consistent thing about them is the are using market-approaches to tackle major social and environmental problems, and they are all a bit Unreasonable.
- Many Ways to Plug In. The needs of our entrepreneurs and ventures are vast. So weather you want to help employees volunteer their time to build a new brand strategy for a US Unreasonable venture, or you think your service can help an Unreasonable Venture in Uganda with distribution, the needs are vast.
- Unreasonable Customization and a Lead Contact. Given the diversity of our entrepreneurs, a cookie cutter program for corporations and international organizations will not work. We have a dedicated teammate that will with both you and with our entrepreneurs to understand each parties needs, wants and desires, and they will only connect you if build something that there is a strong potential for a win-win.
- Our commitment to not force it. Forcing relationships and partnerships that don’t make a lot of sense don’t last. It’s not worth your time, our, or the entrepreneurs’ time. If something looks good lets go for it, if not lets wait until something non-forced comes up.
- Global Reach / Exposure:
- Target markets of a) 20-45 year olds who want to use business to change the world, as well as b) 100′s of CEOs, VCs, corporate leaders, entrepreneurs who want to help them (i.e. former CTO of HP, Managing Partner of VC Firm the Foundry Group, Founder of a $500m impact investment fund)
- Write-ups in New York Times, Forbes, the Wall Street Journal, Inc Magazine (we were named one of the 30 under 30 coolest entrepreneurs), Entrepreneur Magazine, Fast Company, the Huffington Post, and Business Week
- 20,000 Followers on Twitter, 12,000 on Facebook (nearly 3000 daily impressions), a 15,000 person newsletter
- Yearly in-person events for 1,000 people
- Nearly 100 videos of entrepreneurs and interviews of mentors seen around the world (one 20 part series was syndicated on Fast Company)
- We have personal relationships with 200 (and growing) angels, foundation leaders, family office leaders, investors
- A team that has given 75+ presentations given by Unreasonable team at biggest conferences and gatherings in the space (Harvard Social Enterprise Conference, SoCap, Social Venture Network, LOHAS, Latin American Impact Investing Forum, Colorado Though Leaders Forum, multiple TEDx events, etc.)
- We are launching two new Institutes (one in Mexico, one in East Africa) that will do things similar to what’s above in their markets!
- VIP Status at everything we do. From investor events, to large scale community events, to engagement with entrepreneurs and our network – you are now a VIP.
- A network of support for the project. Our network to support those yu support. Our job is to support these ventures, so rest assured that we will continue to do that by connecting them to an ever-growing network of 100+ mentors, 200+ funders, and thousands of supporters world-wide.
- Anything else. Hey, we are open to other ideas. Unreasonable ones are preferred.
What We Ask:
All we ask is that the right people come to the table to share a conversation with us, to have a relationship with us. More specifically, we are looking to have a relationship with one to three main contacts that we know well at your organization – a person or people that over time knows us and any relevant entrepreneurs with the hope of creating something valuable for all parties involved, and more importantly, the world. This is someone that when a potential opportunity arises with an Unreasonable Venture they are excited to take a call and explore the opportunity to make something happen. Usually this is someone in innovation, special projects, business development, or new markets.
After that, all we need is an email and a promise of an open communication line!
The opportunities are endless. So are the needs. But the next step is simple. Please contact tyler [at] unreasonableinstitute.org and lets share a conversation.