Unreasonable Institute Global
- Global Institute Overview
- What Fellows Get
- Our Results
- Selection Process
- The Costs
Costs to Attend
2 payment options:
2. Paid back over time from 3% of your topline revenue and/or fundraising (capped)
Why revenue sharing?
This model aligns the financial success of Unreasonable with the financial success of our ventures, which holds us accountable for getting you the resources you need to deliver impact–this is our mission after all! In addition, revenue sharing is the key to Unreasonable becoming self-sufficient. Based on the performance of our alumni, with this model Unreasonable can be self-sustaining within 5 years.
Worried about being able to afford the tuition? We’ll work hard to make find an agreement that works for you!
Tuition covers the following:
- Your food and housing (meaning you’ll have 0 expenses at the Institute itself)
- Airfare, food, and housing for all visiting mentors and capital partners
- An in-house chef and ingredients for fresh, delicious meals every day
- Staffing our Summer Institute Team of about 8 people
- Events like the Unreasonable Scrimmage (a team of our community’s brightest people swarm to help you), Investor Days (where you’ll built relationships with over 100 funders) and the Unreasonable Climax (where you’ll share your story in front of hundreds of people to garner even more resources!)
- Ongoing Alumni Support and maintaining the Unreasonable Network
Note: This amount does not cover your airfare to Boulder and your visa costs.
Don’t let the cost be a deterrent! If you can’t afford $15,000 or are worried about revenue sharing, apply anyway! We want the world’s most Unreasonable entrepreneurs to be a part of our program and we will help you get here! We’ll work with you to get terms you agree to!
The most common concern we hear from entrepreneurs thinking about attending the Institute is that 5 weeks is too long to be away from their customers, their teams, and their families. We fully understand that concern. To help you understand how you’ll spend your time, here’s what a typical day at the Institute looks like:
- 9:30am-Noon: Optional workshop with a Visiting Mentor (examples include “How to Scale” with Paul Polak, who’s lifted 20 million farmers out of poverty and “How to have an Investor One-on-One” with Tom Suddes, who’s raised $1 billion and coached others to raise $1 billion)
- Noon-1:30pm: Lunch prepared by the live-in chef
- Noon-6pm: Protected Work Time. You can use this time to respond to emails, make calls, meet with Mentors, Funders, and other Fellows, exercise, explore Boulder…whatever you need to do.
- 6-7pm: Mentor and Capital Partner Introductions. We do ask you to be present for visiting Mentors and Funders to introduce themselves to the community.
- 7-8:30pm: Dinner prepared by the live-in chef. This is our chance to all get together as a family and spend time with Mentors and Funders in an informal setting. This is where the magic happens.
- 8:30pm on: Free Time.
The flexible daily schedule means you aren’t required to attend anything before 6pm, giving you time to work on your venture. If you have additional concerns, don’t hesitate to write us directly at wisdom(at)unreasonableinstitute.org.
Don’t Take Our Word for It!
Check out what some of the entrepreneurs who have attended the Institute in the past have to say about their experience, and whether the cost and time are worth it:
icons from thenounproject.